HIPAA and HITECH health care compliance consulting
Compliance with the detailed requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act regulations is a challenging and time-consuming task. These regulations are in place to protect the personal information of patients and compliance is mandatory. However, many organizations are short on staff or simply don't have the resources with the appropriate knowledge to manage the required compliance demands and address data security concerns.
We use our knowledge of the unique regulatory challenges your organization faces to help you comply with existing guidelines and identify where any security gaps may exist. Our health care data security consultants have extensive experience in evaluating organizational processes to help ensure they are compliant with sufficient controls in place. We deliver data security and privacy solutions to a variety of organizations. Some of our health care compliance consulting services include:
- Readiness review: We help you determine how ready your organization is to comply with existing regulations, including reviewing documentation, interviewing selected managers and making general observations.
- Compliance assessment: We initiate an assessment that includes an in-depth review and analysis of policies, procedures and documentation, interviews with staff, and testing existing processes and controls.
- Risk assessment: We perform an accurate, thorough assessment of compliance with HIPAA/HITECH regulations by comparing potential risks and vulnerabilities to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of protected health information.
- Policies and procedures update: We assist you in adding to or updating your HIPAA/HITECH policies and procedures based on findings from our readiness review or compliance assessment. Our experienced consultants can also assist in developing and implementing these policies and procedures.
- Self-assessment training: We utilize industry best practices to train your personnel on how to conduct a HIPAA/HITECH compliance self-assessment. Training can be customized to attendees' experience levels.
RSM has developed a compliance assessment approach in response to the Drug Enforcement Agency’s (DEA) Electronic Prescriptions for Controlled Substances (EPCS) regulations.
Compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act regulations is a challenging and time-consuming task.
Working with you for compliance with HIPAA/HITECH
HIPAA/HITECH compliance is challenging for most organizations. Whether you’re short on staff or simply don’t have the resources with the appropriate knowledge and expertise, RSM can help.
Learn more about our HIPAA/HITECH compliance consulting services
Most Popular Insights
Collaboration and alignment between IT audit and IT security helps health care organizations better manage information security risks.
This webcast summary focuses on the importance of corporate compliance effectiveness in health care organizations.
Learn about the importance of security breach awareness and proper planning in part 2 of the series.
As IT systems and processes become more integral to businesses and vulnerable to hackers, the board must adapt to address security and privacy risks.
Every business is vulnerable to a potential data breach, and companies must implement proactive strategies to prepare for, and react to, an incident.
You may think you are too small to suffer a data breach. Think again. Hackers target businesses of all sizes and industries, and your data is at risk.
From mergers to compliance, listen to three webcasts in this series to understand the big challenges, and opportunities, impacting health care.
A detailed look at the items that organizations should include in their mobile device security plans.
Join us for a two-part webcast on two critical regulations impacting the health care industry: the HIPAA/HITECH Act and IPPS Regulations and Notices.
One of the top 50 largest nursing facility companies realized the critical importance of staying ahead of HIPAA/HITECH compliance demands.
How can we help you?
To discuss how our team can help your business, contact us by phone 800.274.3978 or